ICTSI is determined to uphold the principles of sustainable development in its operations, and its thrusts are documented in its Annual Sustainability Report. This was launched in 2017, and its initial submission focused on the flagship Manila International Container Terminal.
The Sustainability Report also works in relation to ICTSI's underpinning principle, Good Global Citizenship, which guides the Company's relationships and actions. ICTSI is committed to principled Corporate Stewardship of its people, customers, corporate resources, and the environment. ICTSI is also committed to substantive Development Partnerships, where both communities and sectors are empowered. The long-term and overarching vision remains fixed: ensuring that the broadening impact of genuine Good Global Citizenship is squarely apace with ICTSI's expanding corporate footprint.
THE COMPANY'S SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES SERVE AS BOTH ITS COMPASS AND BALLAST, AND ENABLES AN ACCURATE EVALUATION OF ITS PERFORMANCE IN TERMS OF TARGETS IN SOCIAL, ENVIRONMENTAL, AND ECONOMIC IMPACTS.
The Sustainability Report also informs the Company as it re-calibrates its efforts to address imbalances.
The 2020 Report, ICTSI’s fourth sustainability reporting effort, has improved on its scope by casting a much wider net – covering 24 of the 32 terminals within its global portfolio:
- Manila International Container Terminal (MICT) – Manila, Philippines
- Manila North Harbour Port Inc. (NorthPort)– Manila, Philippines
- Subic New Container Terminals 1 & 2 (NCT 1&2)– Subic, Philippines
- Bauan International Port Inc. – Bauan, Philippines
- Cavite Gateway Terminal – Tanza, Philippines
- Laguna Gateway Inland Container Terminal – Calamba, Philippines
- South Cotabato Integrated Port Services, Inc. – General Santos City,Philippines
- Davao Integrated Port and Stevedoring Services Corp. – Davao City, Philippines
- Mindanao Container Terminal – Tagoloan, Philippines
- Hijo International Port Services, Inc. (HIPSI) – Tagum City, Philippines
- South Pacific International Container Terminal Ltd. (SPICTL) – Lae, Papua New Guinea
- Motukea International Terminal Ltd. (MITL) – Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- Pakistan International Container Terminal Ltd.(PICT) – Karachi, Pakistan
- Victoria International Container Terminal Ltd. (VICT) – Melbourne, Australia
- Madagascar International Container Terminal Services, Ltd. (MICTSL) – Toamasina, Madagascar
- Matadi Gateway Terminal (MGT) – Kongo Central, Congo
- Basra Gateway Terminal (BGT) – Umm Qasar, Iraq
- Batumi International Container Terminal, Ltd. (BICT) – Batumi, Georgia
- Batumi International Container Terminal, Ltd. (BCT) – Gydnia, Poland
- Adriatic Gate Container Terminal (AGCT) – Rijeka, Croatia
- Operadora Portuaria Centroamericana S.A. de C.V. (OPC) – Cortes, Honduras
- Contecon Guayaquil S.A. de C.V. (CGSA) – Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Contecon Manzanillo S.A. de C.V. (CMSA) – Manzanillo, Mexico
- Tecon Suape S.A. (TSSA)– Pernambuco, Brazil