ICTSI is determined to uphold the principles of sustainable development in its operations, and its thrusts are documented in its Annual Sustainability Report. This was launched in 2017, and its initial submission focused on the flagship Manila International Container Terminal.
The Sustainability Report also works in relation to ICTSI's underpinning principle, Good Global Citizenship, which guides the Company's relationships and actions. ICTSI is committed to principled Corporate Stewardship of its people, customers, corporate resources, and the environment. ICTSI is also committed to substantive Development Partnerships, where both communities and sectors are empowered. The long-term and overarching vision remains fixed: ensuring that the broadening impact of genuine Good Global Citizenship is squarely apace with ICTSI's expanding corporate footprint.
THE COMPANY'S SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES SERVES AS BOTH ITS COMPASS AND BALLAST, AND ENABLES AN ACCURATE EVALUATION OF ITS PERFORMANCE IN TERMS OF TARGETS IN SOCIAL, ENVIRONMENTAL, AND ECONOMIC IMPACTS.
The Sustainability Report also informs the Company as it re-calibrates its efforts to address imbalances.
The Report, currently in its second year, has improved its scope by including the Eight Key Terminals in ICTSI’s Portfolio:
- Manila International Container Terminal, Manila, Philippines
- Tecon Suape, S. A. (TSSA), Pernambuco, Brazil
- Contecon Guayaquil S. A. (CGSA), Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Madagascar International Container Terminal Services Ltd. (MICTSL), Toamasina, Madagascar
- Pakistan International Container Terminal, Ltd. (PICT), Karachi, Pakistan
- Basra Gateway Terminal (BGT), Umm Qasr, Iraq
- Contecon Manzanillo SA de C.V. (CMSA), Manzanillo, Mexico
- Operadora Portuaria Centroamericana S.A. de C.V. (OPC), Cortes, Honduras