Operadora Portuaria Centroamericana, SA de CV
Located beside industrial zones and second-largest Honduran city of San Pedro Sula, Puerto Cortes is Honduras’ largest port and the main gateway in the Atlantic coast to most of Central America.
Puerto Cortes is located in the north and along the Atlantic coast of Honduras. It is Central America's most important logistics hub, and the only port in the region with the clearances to allow laden containers to arrive at US ports pre-checked. This translates into lower risk rates, faster dispatch processes and reduced costs at destination.
- Conveniently located only 60km away from San Pedro Sula, the industrial capital of Honduras and strategically positioned for Central American countries
- Capable of handling the largest Neo Post Panamax vessels serving the region today
- Consistent top performer in terms of vessel productivity in the region and with truck turnaround times
- Exclusive reefer infrastructure to serve the growing banana and fruit markets
- The only port in the region certified by U.S. Customs Border Patrol on CSI (Container Security Initiative)
Puerto Cortes is the main gateway to Honduras near the industrial capital of San Pedro Sula. It is well-positioned to serve the rest of Central America's Region IV - El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua.